Monday, May 3, 2010

So I spent a buttload of money on an Alice Cherry Blossom...

Yes, after years of stalking them on flickr, and maybe because it just took me that long to be able to be comfortable spending that kind of money on a 'doll'...
anyways, I now have the holy grail- Alice Cherry Blossom.

I decided to build a little shadow-box room for her, and furnish it, so it will look snazzy and I can take awesome photos.

It was both harder and easier than I thought it would be.

Here's what I did:

1) I didn't want to use nails, or handy-man sort of stuff, so I glued some balsa onto what will be the floor of the room. This was an easy thing- just had to be sure all my measurements were correct. Wood glue is way stronger than I anticipated.


2)I glued my wallpaper to the wall peices before assembly. This was flippin hard. Like, really, really hard. I ruined a lot of paper. But I did learn that it is better just to glue down the edges, instead of trying to apply it like real wallpaper. I just used regular white glue, very sparingly. Here were the papers I had bought, and the carpet for the floor. The purple paper is some handmade stuff I found at the art store, and the pretty pattern one is scrapbooking paper.


3) I glued the walls to the floor, using the balsa as a guide and brace....when the glue dried, it was really really solid. I didn't think it would work out this well.


4) I stuck the carpet in....very easy, it has an adhesive backing. Here's my Alice standing where her bed will possibly be. I still have to put the mouldings up, but I'm pretty happy with how it looks so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment