Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Pumpkin house....

Ok, well I have been toying with ideas for making a home for my Realpuki Roro, Ghost.
And I can't help it, even though it's been done....I want to make a pumpkin house.
Luckily, we had a crap-ton of halloween decorations boxed up, and I found a nice big pumpkin to carve up.

I wanted the inside to look like an actual dried out pumpkin, so I concocted this recipe of acrylic texture paste, craft sand, yellow and cream paint, and some pastel dust:



So I mixed it up and smeared it on:





And then added some pastel dust for effect, just scraped 2 shades of orange onto the paper with a blade, and then I gently blew it into the wet....'recipe':




And here it is, dried, with the cardboard beginnings of the stone fireplace (which I worked on today and will post pics of very soon- its AWESOME). I really like the colour, and am VERY excited about this project!:





3 comments:

  1. ok seriously, I'm not that bad at layouts or html, I don't know why this came out looking like crap. I fixed the code 3909302 times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! I am really excited to see this come together. I am very much into the Halloween thing - all my dolls are Halloween themed. You did such an amazing job! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete